Friday, April 24, 2009

BB: Breakfast alternative

Instead of eating a normal, boring breakfast this morning (aka cold cereal), I found myself snacking on this:

It meets all the basic requirements of dairy, fruit, and grain, right?

Thanks to Anne of
Anne Strawberry for choosing this Savory Coeur à la Crème for this month's Bonus Recipe. I happened to have all the necessary ingredients for this one (except time) including some Crosse and Blackwell Genuine Major Grey's Chutney.


Even though I let the mixture rest and supposedly drain overnight, only a minuscule amount of liquid appeared, so I'm wondering if it's really worth the extra time and dishes to do this step.


At any rate, this is a most delicious dish and worthy of being included at any event, any time of day. I should also add that it is good on toast if you happen to run out of crackers.

Take a look at the Barefoot Bloggers site to read other members' opinions.



(100% daughter and neighbor approved)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's something I could totally snack on. Invite me over next time! :P

Megan said...

I grew up eating Major Grey's chutney - I think it makes everything taste better!

breadchick said...

I love Major Grey's chutney. I always have a bottle in the fridge and love to slather it on turkey sandwiches.