Tuesday, January 13, 2009

TWD: Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins


To bring in the New Year, I made my traditional Curried Black-eyed Pea soup. This year, however, I decided to increase my chances of good fortune by adding some cornbread. Not just any cornbread, mind you, but Savory Corn and Pepper Muffins from BFMHTY. This recipe was chosen by Rebecca of Ezra Pound Cake, and in my book, it's a winner.

I loved the colors and the flavors in these muffins, and they were delicious with or without a slab of butter. They were the perfect accompaniment to the soup, too. I understand many of the other TWD bakers paired the muffins with chili, which is another good choice.




There were no baking issues with these muffins, and although were still tasty a few days later, they tended to fall apart quickly. The other TWD bakers will be sharing their efforts and opinions today, so stop by and read all about it.

16 comments:

Pamela said...

They did fall apart pretty easily, but I just added it to my bowl of chili and called it dinner!

Jamie said...

Yum pea soup...that sounds delicious and your muffins looks yummy!

Unknown said...

Mine fell apart easily too but they were good. Glad you enjoyed them!

chocolatechic said...

I didn't find mine to fall apart.

I will try them again tonight.

Megan said...

As always, yours look perfect.

I, however, made a chocolate tart instead. I think I made the right choice.

BTW - bake along #2 is Black and Whites. We're posting on Friday - interested?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, these muffins with curried black-eyed pea soup? You should have invited us over. ;)

Engineer Baker said...

Curried blackeyed pea soup? Okay, I totally need a recipe. Like, immediately.

Marthe said...

Loved these!! Tasted perfect with the chili too!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

What a great New Year's menu! Wow that soup sounds like a winner. And the muffins a perfect accompaniment.
Nancy

NKP said...

They would be perfect with the soup! We liked them too, crumbles and all.

Anonymous said...

Mine didn't fall apart. Of course, that may be because I made the wrong recipe, but that's another story. Glad they worked out so well for you!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm curried black pea soup!? That sounds AMAZING! I'm sure your gorgeous muffins went perfectly with that!

Emily said...

Mmm, these muffins sound delicious! I love pepper...

Lillian said...

My sons were still eating the leftovers three days later, and proclaimed them delicious. Surprised the heck out of me.

The Food Librarian said...

You will definitely have good luck all year with these yummy looking muffins.

Linda said...

Really great job on the muffins...and that curried BEP soup sounds fantastic...don't know if you'd be willing to share the recipe...:)