Friday, January 23, 2009

BB: Easy Sticky Buns


This was another 3:30 am morning. No, wait. The dog woke me up at 3:00 am. Half an hour later I was up again, getting ready to take my daughter to the airport shuttle, which was scheduled to leave at 4:30 am.

At that time of morning, traffic is virtually non-existent. So, why do the traffic lights still cycle on their regular, high-traffic timer? What an agonizing wait at 4 am! And, you can't run the red light, because all the intersections have these traffic cameras that photograph your license plate so the police can ticket you irregardless.


Anyway, when I returned home, I debated whether to go back to bed or not. Since I felt wide awake, I decided to do the only decent thing at that early hour, and bake Easy Sticky Buns, the Barefoot Blogger selection, courtesy of Melissa of
Made by Melissa.

They truly were easy to make and didn't take very long and they hit the spot at 6 am. The only substitution I made was swapping out raisins for cinnamon chips. I'm sure the raisins are delicious, but not at 6 am. For a quick, but elegant, breakfast dish, these are just right.




5 comments:

Megan said...

Must have been something in the air - my dog woke me at 4. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I finished my TFF post. I'd much rather be making sticky buns at that hour!

The Food Librarian said...

Judy, looks great! And I'm sure they really hit the spot after a long morning!

Anonymous said...

So glad these could brighten your early morning!

Anonymous said...

These came together so quickly, I wish we'd made them BEFORE the holidays. They're a nice shortcut to have around.

Anonymous said...

these *were* super easy to make and definitely impressed my husband's coworkers.