Friday, January 9, 2009

BB: Banana Sour Cream Pancakes


This has been such a busy week! I finally was able to make these delicious pancakes for breakfast this morning. Karen of Something Sweet by Karen chose this year's first Barefoot Bloggers recipe, Banana Sour Cream Pancakes.


Of course, wouldn't you know that I had used my last banana right before the recipe was announced, so on my next trip to the grocery, I had to buy some more bananas and let them ripen. The wait was worth it, though. I loved the tangy taste of the sour cream and the hint of citrus. I used lime zest, since my lemon tree doesn't have any ripe lemons at the moment.



Everyone else's pancakes looked really delicious, so I would recommend giving this recipe a try. When my daughter comes back from Hawaii, I will definitely makes these for her, since she loves pancakes. Both the batter and the pancakes are similar to the ones I normally make, so they should be a hit.







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you liked them! you know, i couldn't really taste the sour cream or zest in mine. we thought they were fabulous though. i have bananas waiting on the counter so i can make them again sunday morning! :)

Megan said...

Oooh, banana pancakes. I'll bet they were awesome. I'd like to try the recipe but just omit the bananas (no one here eats them). Hmm, tomorrow is Saturday.........

NKP said...

They do look great, I have heard lots of great things about this recipe.
Definitely have to make it soon!

breadchick said...

Oh those do look delicious! My favorite diner in the whole world makes the best pancakes and their secret is sour cream so I may have to try these and see if they are close.

Anonymous said...

I had to wait until my bananas ripened, too! Just got them posted today.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Sour cream seems to be an excellent secret ingredient! And how can you miss with the sweetness of a banana!

Suzie said...

Yours look lovely. Hope your daughter enjoyed them.