Monday, September 15, 2008

TWD: Super Chocolate, Super Chunky Cookies

Once again, it is time for the Tuesday with Dorie bakers to gather and discuss this week’s recipe. Claudia, of Fool for Food, chose a very rich, over-the-top chocolate cookie this week: Chocolate Chunkers. Five kinds of chocolate went into these babies! Even halving the recipe, I ended up with 24 cookies and they are so powerful, eating one or two is the best one can do. The only substitution I made this week was to use currants instead of raisins. They added the fruity taste without overpowering the other ingredients.



The other interesting thing about these cookies is the end result. As I write this, I’ve already peeked at some early posts, and I swear not one of them looks like the others. Did we all use the same recipe? I’m always amazed by the diversity of the final cookie.



So, if you want a death-by-chocolate experience in cookie form, go to Claudia’s blog for the recipe, and then take a look at all the varieties out there in TWD blogland.





Note: I will be taking my overdue vacation this coming week, so there will be no post about the Dimply Plum Cake. I did happen to make it some months ago, and if you like plums, it’s a good recipe. I liked the cake part best.

16 comments:

Marthe said...

I absolutely loved these Chunkers! Enjoy your vacation, I'm sure it's well-earned!!

Anonymous said...

that is always one of the fun things about this, seeing all the different ways the exact same recipe turns out. yours look great....have a wonderful vacation!

NKP said...

Have a great time! We will be here when you get back.
I agree the cookies are pretty filling. I have only had one so far. Ours do look alike, great job sweetie.

Pamela said...

These were almost like candy for me. I really enjoyed them. And I agree about how different everyone's are looking.
Have a great vacation! Enjoy some R&R!!

chocolatechic said...

These were fabulous cookies.

Carla said...

My cookies never look like anyone else's. Sometimes I wonder as well, but as long as they taste good, that's all that matters!

Enjoy your vacation :)

CB said...

Death by chocolate cookie is a hilarious name! So fitting!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Anonymous said...

I like the new picture of Coco! And I'm glad you liked the cookies - we love them!

Sihan said...

yeh. you should take a look at mine. they were so flat compared to the other chunky versions out there. But they were soo good weren't they?

Jamie said...

I am sitting out the dimply cake as well...enjoy your vacation!

Engineer Baker said...

Have a wonderful vacation, I'm sure you greatly deserve it! And I agree - none of these cookies looks the same, but everyone seems to be making little tweaks, chunking the chocolate differently, etc. I love cookie recipes for that sort of flexibility.

Anonymous said...

Your cookies look yummy! You're so right about everyone's looking different. That's what I love about this group.

Megan said...

Never mind the cookies - where are you headed for vacation? Some exotic, faraway land? Or somewhere closer to home.
Whatever it is, have a fabulous time and don't forget to post pictures when you return!

The Food Librarian said...

your cookies look yummy! i made a half batch too and got 24 cookies. the regular cookies must be really big!!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Lovely looking "Death by Chocolate" cookies all clustering together. I'm sure they didn't last long!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Weren't these great? Glad you liked them! And have a great vacation!