Thursday, September 18, 2008

BB: Apple Turnovers


This month’s Barefoot Bloggers Bonus Recipe was selected by Anne, of Anne Strawberry. How did Anne know that turnovers are one of my favorite desserts?

I happened to have puff pastry in the freezer – Trader Joe’s came out with a new product awhile back, so I’d been looking for a good excuse to use it. I decided to make just half the apple filling, and I’m certainly glad I did because even though I over-stuffed 4 turnovers, I still had at least half the filling left. (As a testamonial, the filling is delicious eaten raw, right out of the bowl.) These were definitely a hit. The orange component smacks you with scent and flavor.



While I might wish I’d made all 8 of them, I know full well that I would have eaten all 8 of them. But with puff pastry in the freezer and all of the remaining ingredients perpetually in my pantry, I can make them anytime. Great choice, Anne!

5 comments:

Heather B said...

I wish I would have made half. I ended up eating two for dinner. I froze the rest for later but they are oh so tempting. Yours look delicious!

Jodie said...

Looks good. I'm SO glad I cut the recipe in half! We don't need any more desserts at our house!! :)

Anne said...

I'm so glad that you liked them! I'll have to look for that puff pastry at Trader Joe's...

I ate the filling straight out of the bowl, too- don't tell!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Your turnovers looks wonderful! I made the whole recipe but took most of them them to work or I would have eaten all of them too.

webbie said...

They look great. Mine are off to work tomorrow morning. (I've already eaten 2 of the eight and must now walk away.)