Tuesday, December 12, 2023

TWD/BWD: Free-Style Mushroom, Herb and Ricotta Tart

 


While I've made both December challenge recipes from Baking with Dorie, this post will just focus on the mushroom and ricotta tart.

There are three parts to this savory treat:  the almond-herb crust, the ricotta spread, and the mushroom topping.  All the parts can be prepared ahead of time, then assembled just before serving.

My favorite part was the crust.  The spread and topping were okay, but, even though I like onions, these were too onion-forward for me.  I would decrease the amount in future bakes. I served it as a side dish for several meals.

Stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see what the other bakers chose to make.


3 comments:

Cakelaw said...

I liked the ricotta topping but wasn’t bowled over by this.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

the crust would make nice crackers on it's own!

Kayte said...

I made this today...late but didn't affect the taste...lol. I, too, loved the crust and the topping was great, too. I would make the whole thing again. Your photo is so delicious-looking.