Saturday, December 16, 2023

Fougasse

 


Time for another delicious bread post -- the last one for 2023.  December's hostess was Elle, of Feeding My Enthusiasms.  Elle asked us to made fougasse, and put our own spin on it.  The Babes are a very creative group!

I kept it simple, just changing up the toppings.  For the first one, I sprinkled on finely chopped, fresh rosemary and some Maldon salt.  It was my favorite.


 

For the second one, I topped it with chopped Kalamata olives and the leftover chopped rosemary.  

 


At least the olives didn't incinerate while baking, but they did have a habit of falling off, so next time I would incorporate them directly into the dough.


 

This was a great choice for an end-of-year bake, so, thank you, Elle!

To get the recipe, go to Elle's website.

Check out the creativity of the other Babes:


 

 

6 comments:

Elle said...

I was hoping that someone would bake this with olives and yours looks fantastic. You really have the shaping down! Both loaves look perfect Judy. Have enjoyed baking with you so much!

Cathy (Bread Experience) said...

Both of your loaves are beautiful! Love the classic leaf shape.

Karen said...

Yours is so perfectly shaped and symetrical! Beautiful.

Katie Zeller said...

I understand the problem with the olives - but I would have loved it anyway... love bread and olives!

Elizabeth said...

Both versions look wonderful!

I wonder if spraying the just shaped loaf with water before putting the olives on (and pushing them gently into the dough) would encourage the olives to stick. Because the fougasse would rise around the olives?

hobby baker Kelly said...

The most perfectly shaped leaf ever!