Tuesday, December 26, 2023

TWD/BWD: Iced Spiced Hermits

 For the final 2023 recipe challenge, I made the Iced Spiced Hermits from Baking with Dorie.  I've been baking for decades and I've always passed on Hermits, probably because they contain raisins, and I'm not a fan of raisins in my cookies.  I decided to substitute currants instead, and that was the right choice!  


 

These spicy bites are like gingerbread in cookie form, and I love gingerbread and all those winter spices.  They were easy to make, and disappeared quickly.  The next time I make them, I plan to play around with chopped dark chocolate instead of the dried fruit.  I think that version would be a winning combination.


 


Stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see what the other participants made.

 

3 comments:

Cakelaw said...

These were a winner! They would be good with chocolate in place of the fruit.

Diane Zwang said...

These were great with all the winter spices. A new family favorite for me. Happy New Year!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

I'd be very into a chocolate-studded hermit! happy new year!