Tuesday, November 28, 2023

TWD/BWD: Mulled-Butter Apple Pie


 

 

The last November baking selection for the Tuesdays with Dorie group was the Mulled-Butter Apple Pie.  It seems like most everyone saved it for last because of the Thanksgiving holiday.

 

Once again, I didn't get a slice photo, probably because it disappeared quickly.  The addition of spices and orange zest to the melted butter was a nice change from the usual apple pie flavors.  I used a combination of apples for the filling -- at least 4 different kinds.  Some kept their firmness, some were more mushy, some were sweet, some were tart, but they all made a nice bite.  I had collected the apples from my biweekly produce delivery, so it turned out I had to peel and chop 10 apples!

I still have a few apples remaining, so I'll have to find another recipe to try.

 

Go to the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see what the other bakers thought about this pie.

 

2 comments:

Kayte said...

Your pie looks beautiful. I would love to taste a pie with all those different kinds of apples. The most I've ever done is two different kinds...I think I will play around with four in my next apple pie. Thanks for the inspiration.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

a 10 apple pie? wow- I bet that tasted good, especially with all the variety you had.