Tuesday, November 8, 2011

TWD: Not-so-mini Madeleines


I had basically decided that I would not make the second TWD recipe this week because I don't own a mini-madeleine pan. I just have large, individual molds.

But then, some of the bakers said they made them anyway in a bigger size, so, I changed my mind.


Half a recipe produced 7 giant madeleines, although I think 8 or 9 would be more realistic.

I baked the cookies right after I baked the butternut squash pie. I'd made the batter the night before, so it seemed natural. The house was a bit chilly so I thought the heat from the oven would make the kitchen a cozy place for me and the dog.




The cookies started out with the traditional 'bump' on top, which promptly collapsed within seconds. On the bright side, they unmolded perfectly.





They sure were tasty cookies. Bites of light, lemony sponge cake. I spent Sunday nibbling away. After all, there were only seven of them, and everyone knows that madeleines don't hold up well, right?

I think I may just have to make these again soon.

The madeleine hostess this week is Di of Di's Kitchen Notebook. She'll have the recipe posted on her blog.

So, settle in with your madeleines and nice cup of tea and see what the other TWD bakers did.

4 comments:

Di said...

Your madeleines look great! I love the individual molds; I don't think I've seen those before.

Cakelaw said...

Your madeleines look so pretty and inviting. And the fact that baking them warmed up the house was a bonus!

Meryl said...

I love madeleines--with a cup of tea on a chilly afternoon...perfect.

Thank you so much (to you and Coco both) for the nice words about Porter. One of my favorite things about the internet--the warm feelings get through, even if you can't sent madeleines!

TeaLady said...

I/ve never seen the individual molds. How cool are they. I have got to get a maddy pan. Too cute to pass up making these.