Saturday, December 26, 2009

TWD: Jazzed-up Pecan Pie


What a busy week this has been! Work took a back seat to baking and cooking for a change, and, hopefully, I won't pay for it later on.

On the schedule for Tuesdays with Dorie was My Favorite Pecan Pie, chosen by Beth of Someone's in the Kitchen with Brina. I saved this one for our Christmas day dessert




As a switch from a normal pecan pie, Dorie's version jazzes it up with additions of cinnamon, chocolate, and espresso. I watched the progress of the baking pie, and decided to add about 10 minutes to the total time so it would be cooked through. The end result was a perfectly baked pecan pie.



We enjoyed the pie, so I'm sure it will be considered for future holiday feasts.

Although, I have to say, as good as this pie is, and, as much as I like it, it still can't quite beat my favorite pecan pie.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I think mine needed to be cooked longer - perhaps then it wouldn't have collapsed.

Susan said...

I did bake mine an additional 10 minutes and it was still a little runny. Tasted great, just not as pretty as yours!

Karine said...

Great job with your pecan pie! It sounds delicious :)

Cristie said...

I love pecan pie, but have only made a few. I'll have to keep both of your posts on this holiday favorite in mind when I decide to make my next one. This one looks perfect!