Thursday, May 14, 2009

BB: Tuna Salad

The first Barefoot Blogger event for May was a tuna salad, chosen by Kate of Warm Olives and Cool Cocktails.



I happen to love ahi tuna, seared on the outside, nice and pink on the inside. And, I could well have searched for fresh tuna or used the frozen steaks I had on hand, but I was really, really hungry when I made this Monday night after work, so I chose to use some high quality albacore from the can. It was 8 pm by the time I could settle in and eat, you see, since I had to stop on the way home and find an immediately usable avocado.




It was 8 pm before I could settle in and eat, you see, since I had to stop on the way home and find an immediately usable avocado and a red onion. Taking the time to cook or thaw/cook the tuna was not in the cards.



But, the end result was delicious and satisfying, a salad I would recommend and definitely fix again.



Until then, I'll keep searching for some real wasabi powder to add to my pantry. Did it count that I whispered the name 'wasabi' over the finished salad?

3 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds delicious.

Madam Chow said...

I think it's great that you used a high quality canned tuna. I'm trying to do more of that these days.

Aggie said...

I think it counts! lol! Can't wait to try this BB recipe...I'm running behind this month! It sounds great!