Friday, May 29, 2009

Barefoot Backtrack


This week at the Barefoot Bloggers' was supposed to be Outrageous Brownies, selected by Eva of I’m Boring. Still having a container of double-decker brownies remaining from earlier in the week, I chose to do a Backtrack instead. I missed Savory Palmiers when they were originally scheduled, and this was one recipe that I really wanted to make. Having all the ingredients on hand made it an easy decision as well.


Here is the puff pastry spread with basil pesto, toasted pine nuts, homemade sun-dried tomatoes, and herbed feta cheese:



The end result:


Accompanied by a luscious mango margarita, courtesy of Natashya:


What better way to celebrate Memorial Day?


This is also a quick and tasty appetizer for any occasion.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds delicious. How can it not be, it's Ina!

Megan said...

I especially like the look of the margarita - cool and refreshing!

Eva said...

but.... you can never have too many brownies!!!! your palmiers look good anyway. I never made those so I can't say if I liked the recipe or not but they certainly look good.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

What a yummy appetizer. I missed making these but really want to give them a try. They look so delicious and easy!