Wednesday, August 28, 2024

TWD/BWD: Caramel Crunch-Chocolate Chunklet Cookies

 


 

For my second August post from Baking with Dorie by Dorie Greenspan, I made the Caramel Crunch-Chocolate Chunklet Cookies.  These are like a shortbread chocolate chip cookie, made using the slice-and-bake method, and baked in muffin tins, which retains their round shape while adding a bit of caramelization around the edges.  They are both crunchy and tender, and, I can attest that they disappeared quickly!

I also took the liberty of adding a sprinkling of Maldon salt on the tops.  I love the combination of salty and sweet, especially for chocolate chip cookies.

 

 

Stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see which recipe the other bakers made this time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of adding flaky salt…wish I thought of that haha! Good thinking! (Kim)

Steph (whisk/spoon) said...

These look great. I added salt, too, and thought it was a nice touch.

Lovie Bernardi said...

I will add a sprinkle of salt next time I bake these. Great idea!

Diane Zwang said...

Looks like your cookies are perfectly caramelized. These were a hit with us too.