Tuesday, July 23, 2024

TWD/BWD: Parfait-layered Vacherin

 

Today's feature recipe from Baking with Dorie, by Dorie Greenspan, is the Parfait-layered Vacherin.  Think of multiple layers of crushed meringue cookies and a frozen filling, topped with a sprinkling of toasted almonds and a drizzle of sauce.

 


Because of our hot weather, I chose to use mint chocolate chip ice cream for my filling  --  a classic vacherin.  Instead of caramel sauce, I made Dorie's hot fudge sauce to complement the ice cream.  It's a cool, creamy, and crunchy dessert, easy to assemble, and ready in the freezer at a moment's notice.

 


My meringues came from Trader Joe's,  the ice cream from Straus Family Creamery.

 

Stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie website to what the other participants made.

7 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

LOVE this flavour combination!! Perfect!

Shirley @ Everopensauce said...

I got the meringues at Trader Joe's too and they work well, although they are very sweet. Like the way you put together the vacherin, mixing it with different ice cream. How fun is that?

Diane Zwang said...

This would be my favorite flavors, mint and chocolate. I am going to make an ice cream version too.

Anonymous said...

I used the Trader Joe’s meringues too haha! Love your flavor combo…might have to try that one! (Kim)

Kayte said...

I am surprised that more people did not chocolate-this-up more so it's fun seeing that you did that...this group loves chocolate. You made this recipe seem so approachable for those of us who looked at the photo and thought..."Oh, my...can I really make this one?" Looks like a perfect summer treat.

Cakelaw said...

Great flavour combination!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

my dream combo-- mint chip is my fave!!