Tuesday, February 13, 2024

TWD/BWD: Potato Flake Biscuits

 


It's Tuesday!  Time to post the first February recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie, from the cookbook, Baking with Dorie by Dorie Greenspan.

 

I made the Potato Flake Biscuits.  The special ingredient is instant mashed potatoes, which I've never bought before, so it require some research at the grocery store.  I bought the smallest package I could find, since I probably won't use it for anything else.  The biscuits also have some sauteed onions for additional flavor.  I decided to cut them into eight pieces so I wouldn't have to re-roll the dough.

 


While the biscuits were good, I prefer the simple, plain Jane biscuits without all the extras.  Having jam on an onion biscuit is an interesting experience, to be sure.

 Looking forward to the second February bake.

 Check out the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see which choice the other bakers made.

4 comments:

Kayte said...

LOL on the jam on the onion biscuit. They certainly look delicious. I'm with you about not re-rolling biscuit dough...I usually just do "drop biscuits" which is probably the least amount of commitment in the rolling out dough line of work. Yours look nice and I am going in search of potato flakes as I, too, have no clue what those are and need to score some soon for this recipe.

Diane Zwang said...

I think we have all had the potato flake finding experience. I prefer plain Janes too.

Cakelaw said...

Your biscuits look great. I really enjoyed these savoury biscuits - I ate them plain, with cheese and with a runny yolk fried egg for brekky.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

looking forward to trying these ones, but I'll probably skip the jam. :)