Wednesday, February 28, 2024

TWD/BWD: Copenhagen Rye Cookies with Chocolate, Spices, and Seeds

 


 For the second February recipe, I made the Copenhagen Rye Cookies, filled with chocolate and a variety of seeds. The seeds added both crunch and flavor.  I kept getting a hint of banana, which I think was from the flax seeds.  I also love the sprinkling of Maldon salt on the top.

Apparently, I forgot to set the timer for the last batch.  I got distracted and didn't think much about it until I realized I hadn't heard the timer ring.  Hmmm.  Had I already taken them out of the oven?  So I checked.  And, there they were, merrily cooking away and getting over baked!  Even though they were extra brown, I decided they were salvageable.  They were especially tasty when dunked in a hot beverage, so no harm done.   (I wouldn't recommend this, however.)



So, this is another delicious cookie from Baking with Dorie, by Dorie Greenspan.  Check out the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see which recipes the other bakers made this week.

1 comment:

Kayte said...

Your cookies look delicious...I wouldn't have known about the neglected timer if you hadn't confessed. Dunking cookies is a fine way to eat them...I think the milk moistens the cookies and brings out the flavors in them more, don't you? We probably won't ever convince non-dunkers, but we know, right? :-)