Tuesday, March 12, 2024

TWD/BWD: Parisian Custard Tart

 


 

I love any kind of custard, so this Parisian Custard Tart from Baking by Dorie caught my eye when I first got the cookbook.  It's also known as Flan Patissier, and it reminds me of the pasteis de nata that I ate in Portugal.

 

I used puff pastry to line the pan; then I filled it with the delicious vanilla custard.  After baking it until the top is brown, I chilled it overnight before serving.

 


This is a great make-ahead dessert for all those custard-lovers out there!

 

Stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see which dessert the bakers made for today.

4 comments:

Lovie Bernardi said...

Oh my goodness, your tart looks so good! I can’t wait to try this one.

Kayte said...

Oh, this sounds so good, and look how beautifully tanned yours got, just like the picture in the book. I have to confess, I am a little nervous about making this one as I think I usually go from just the right shade to just NOT the right shade in a minute...I'm never good at gaging these things. But I am going to try as it's a whole new idea for me and I love learning the new things. Yours looks delicious...that filling alone is reason to make this...you know, licking the pot. :-)

Diane Zwang said...

You make this sound so good, I can't wait to try it. I will keep in mind your tip to refrigerate overnight.

Mardi Michels said...

Looks absolutely perfect!