Tuesday, October 24, 2023

TWD/BWD: Devil's Thumbprints

 


 

For the second October bake, I made these very rich, chocolate thumbprint cookies.  Instead of filling them with jam, I melted some white chocolate, colored it green and flavored it with peppermint.  What's better than chocolate and mint?

The only issue I had was that, after chilling for several hours, the dough was almost impossible to scoop.  Less chill time would be better -- just enough to firm it up but not so long that it can't be scooped.

They don't look as good as the photo in the cookbook, but they were delicious.  If I can ever find ruby chocolate, I will make them again.

Check and see what the other TWD bakers made this time around.

6 comments:

Mardi Michels said...

Chocolate and mint is a FAVE combo over here too. Yours are gorgeous!!

Diane Zwang said...

Thin mints sounds like a great combination especially with vanilla ice cream. I skipped baking this week as I am on vacation.

Kayte said...

I showed this to my husband and he thought I should give this a go soon as he loves chocolate and mint...and we both thought they were really pretty. So fun to learn new ideas.

Isthisakeeper said...

Chocolate and mint is the perfect pairing...I will remember this!

Anonymous said...

the best combo!!

steph (whisk/spoon) said...

sorry- that “anonymous” is me!