Monday, October 16, 2023

TWD/BWD: The Everything Cake

 

 


My apologies for the late posting, but my laptop keyboard stopped working, so it made typing a bit of a challenge.  I now have an external keyboard plugged in until I can find a replacement laptop.

While I have made both October recipes, this post is about The Everything Cake.  I decided to live dangerously, and used unsweetened chocolate chips for my add-in.  



 

They are rather flat, so they give an interesting texture to the cake.  With the sweetness from the cake, you'd never know the chips were unsweetened.

Next up, I'd like to make a lemon version of the cake, probably when there is rare lull in my baking schedule.

 

1 comment:

Kayte said...

Well it is certainly very pretty and I know all those chocolate lovers are going to think that they should give this version a try. I might...we really liked the recipe and Mark likes chocolate so I'm thinking a half size recipe just for him would be most welcome. Nice photos.