Wednesday, June 28, 2023

TWD/BWD: Cheddar-Scallion Scones

 

 


For the second June recipe, I chose to bake the Cheddar-Scallion Scones.  I have made these before, and they are always a welcome treat.  I keep the unbaked scones in the freezer, so I can have one or two freshly baked scones whenever I choose.

I rarely make sweet scones any more.  My go-to recipe is usually Dorie's Buttermilk Scones, since I always have buttermilk on hand.  Either scone is delicious, however!

Check out the other bakers at Tuesdays with Dorie to see which June recipe they made.

3 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

Scones on demand sounds like a great idea.

Cakelaw said...

I liked these so much that I wish I’d done as you did and frozen some dough for later. Instead I shared them with my neighbours.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

I have a couple of these squirreled away in the freezer myself. these are just as good with dinner as they are with breakfast!