Friday, June 16, 2023

BBB: Tiger Bread Rolls

 

 


The Kitchen of the Month for June is Karen, of Karen’s Kitchen Stories.  Karen asked us to make Tiger Bread Rolls, a delicious roll with a soft crumb and a crunchy mottled crust, thanks to a rice flour paste applied before baking.  


 

I have made these before, on November 9, 2007, during a bread baking class.  We made Vienna rolls and used a Dutch Crunch topping, which is basically the same thing.  These are fun rolls to make, and even more fun to eat.

They are pretty straight-forward to make.  I used brown rice flour for the paste, since it’s what I had on hand.

 

For the background story about these rolls, and the recipe, head over to Karen’s website.  

Also take a look at what the other Babes made, and feel free to join us as a Buddy.


  

 

 

4 comments:

Cathy (Bread Experience) said...

Lovely bake! I've made Vienna Bread before as well, but I liked this topping better due to the inclusion of the bread crumbs. I also used brown rice flour.

hobby baker Kelly said...

They look wonderful, I was surprised at how filling they are too. The crunch adds a nice satisfaction.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! And so good too, aren't they?

I was positive that I had made rolls like these before too, but could find no mention at all in my voluminous diaries.

Katie Zeller said...

Beautiful rolls... Hamburgers?