Tuesday, February 28, 2023

TWD/BWD: Swedish Fika Cake

 


 

For the second February challenge, I made the Swedish Fika Cake.  I love the Swedish Visiting Cake, so I was looking forward to giving this one a try.  It turned out to be a moist, tender cake with a fine crumb, and the almond topping reminded me of pralines.  Using my serrated bread knife made slicing pieces a breeze, and the cake, itself, held up over several days.


 

I did end up baking it about 10 minutes longer than specified, but that was the only change.

 Definitely a keeper!

Great choices for this month's baking over at Tuesdays with Dorie.

3 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

A keeper indeed. We all enjoyed this rich and crunchy cake.

Cakelaw said...

This cake is definitely a keeper. So delicious.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

looks so good! seems this cake was a winner for everyone.