Wednesday, February 15, 2023

TWD/BWD: Peanut-Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Paris Style

 


In keeping with one of my 2023 goals (bake a new cookie each month), this cookie fulfilled the promise.  However, I did change it up a bit.  Instead of using peanuts and peanut butter, I went all almond:  almond butter, almond praline, almond sprinkle, and almond spread.  While I have nothing against peanuts, I know there are people with allergies who can’t consume them, which is why I took a different pathway.


 

Other than ruining another nut grinder, these turned out great.  They were crunchy on the edges, and chewy in the centers.  For the chocolate, I chopped up some unsweetened chocolate chips that I bought from Trader Joe’s.  Along with the Maldon salt, they were a perfect balance to the sweetness from the spread and sprinkle.

Check out the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see what the other bakers thought of the cookies.

 

 

4 comments:

Diane Zwang said...

My husband would have loved these. He loves almonds. These were very good.

Anonymous said...

Good to know you can change up the nuts!

Cakelaw said...

Good to know that they work with almonds too. Yours look delicious.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

they sound great with almonds! sorry about your nut grinder, though.