Friday, January 27, 2023

A tamer version of Wild Banana Bread

 


Better late than never, I guess.  Our Kitchen of the Month for January was Elizabeth, of blog from OUR kitchen.  This was definitely a challenge in several ways!  Elizabeth asked us to bake a Wild Banana (Peel and All) Bread using sourdough starter and whole bananas, skin and all.  This presented a dilemma for me because I no longer eat bananas and I no longer keep sourdough starter.  I will, on occasion, bake with bananas, but missing two crucial ingredients was the problem.  Enter Babe Aparna, who created a yeasted version of this bread.  One of my obstacles was now removed, so I decided to go ahead and bake this banana bread.  

 

It was a straight-forward bake, and the loaves had a lovely moist crumb and a slight banana flavor from the filling.

If you're brave enough to try this bread, you can find the entire explanation and recipe on Elizabeth's blog.

 

The other Babes made some beautiful buns and loaves.

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

hobby baker Kelly said...

Lovely loaf to test out the yeasty banana bread waters!

Elizabeth said...

You made it! This is so exciting. And look at that perfect swirl!