Tuesday, October 11, 2022

BWD: Blue Cheese Bites

 

 


The day before baking, I prepared the batter.  It’s convenient because it uses just one bowl, and it’s ready to spoon into the mini muffin pan.  I only baked what I needed, 6 bites each time, and the pan even fit in my toaster oven, so that was a plus.  The blue cheese wasn’t overpowering, but added just enough saltiness and background flavor to the dried fruit.  I used cut-up prunes instead of figs (not a fan), and I might try apricots next time, since this is a delicious and easy recipe.

Head over to the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see what the other bakers made.



6 comments:

Kayte said...

Oh, those look wonderful. I am loving those crispy edges...so good and the blue cheese pared with those has to be delicious. I am using apricots and made my batter to park in the fridge overnight as well. Mark doesn't like figs but secretly, I may make a little batch like you did with some figs as I love them and it is fig season here. Nice photo...and I am not hesitant at all seeing those.

Isthisakeeper said...

Good to know...I was a little worried about these haha! Yours look great!

Mardi Michels said...

These look lovely! Can't wait to make them!

Stephanie said...

I baked all my bites at once and reheated them in the toaster oven but I like your idea of baking a few at a time better.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

i made these last holiday season, but now you have me excited to bake them again!!

Diane Zwang said...

I am glad that you posted these so we could see what they look like. I am glad that your substitutions worked. I am baking mine today, fingers crossed.