Sunday, October 16, 2022

World Bread Day: Green Onion-Sesame Rolls

 


Each year, for World Bread Day, I search for a new bread recipe to make.  This year, I found one in the current issue of Bake From Scratch (Sept/Oct 2022):  Green Onion-Sesame Rolls.  This recipe uses my favorite bread-making technique (Tangzhong) combined with a new, fun shaping technique.  The resulting rolls have a soft, tender texture with a hint of onion and sesame.  They stay that way for several days because of the way they’re made, but they rarely last that long!  As for the shaping method, I’ve seen it used for other types of rolls, so I will definitely use it for future bakes.  


 

  I look forward to see all the delicious breads in this year’s roundup.   

Thanks to Zorra for hosting again!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love green onion cakes so how could these not be equally good. They LOOK perfect.

zorra said...

I also like to bake with thangzhong. And the buns are really very cute. Thank you for your participation in World Bread Day.