Tuesday, April 26, 2022

BWD: French Riviera Lemon Tart

 


 

I love anything made from lemons, and this tart is like lemon meringue pie on steroids, but without the meringue.  It has a super lemony flavor, especially with fresh lemons from my backyard tree.  I rubbed the lemon zest into the sugar before adding the rest of the ingredients to help intensify the flavor.  

The tart crust is both divine and easy to make, and I’m so glad that both the crust and the filling use olive oil.  It’s my oil of choice, followed closely by avocado oil.  I did pass the lemon filling through a strainer before putting it in the tart shell.  This makes it velvety smooth and eliminates any errant egg whites that have snuck in and been cooked in the process.

I just wanted this to be a never-ending lemon tart, so you can bet that I’ll be making it again.


 

Check out the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see what the other bakers made this week.


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the crust was so, so good! Besides this being such a delicious tart…the best part was just how simple it was to make. An easy decision to make again!

Amy said...

I'm with you. I love anything lemon and this was for sure a winner.

Diane Zwang said...

Never ending lemon tart sounds like a great endorsement. This recipe is a keeper.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

this tart was a big hit! and now that you mention it, a little bloop of meringue on top probably would be pretty good, too.

TeaLady said...

Lovely tart. So delicious to be so simple.