Friday, April 27, 2012

BBB Buddy: Granville Island Beer Bread

Well, Blogger picked a fine time to change its format.  

Being pressed for time (massive project deadline and a trip out of town), this will be a short post.  When I return, I will flesh it out.

This month's hostess for Bread Baking Babes was Natashya, who chose Granville Island Beer Bread, with extra points for using a Canadian beer.   See below:   



A mighty tasty beer, it is, too.
 

For the sausage component, I used a spinach, fontina, and roasted garlic chicken sausage, and for the cheese, Quattro Formaggiio:   



The bread turned out fabulous, with a wonderful oven spring.



I froze one loaf, mainly because I don't need to eating everything at once, and believe me, if it's available, I will eat it.   So, now, I have something to look forward to.





Thanks to Natashya for a delicious challenge.  Stop by her blog for the recipe and to visit the sites of the other Bread Baking Babes.





3 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

If it's available you'll eat it ... fancy that you think you could bake really good bread ... I'm sure I know a few people who could help take care of that frozen loaf ;-) you know if you're really not wanting any more. I do believe I could eat this one for days ... months on end. Makes a killer toasted cheese sandwich.

NKP said...

Gorgeous breads! And double internet points for scoring the Blue!
Wonderful!
Thanks so much for baking with us. ☺

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful beautiful!! What loft you got!

Ha, I think it's hilarious that you used Labatt's Blue!