Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What letter is this?

In less than a month, my quilt guild will be holding their biannual Quilt Show.

One of the fun events is our quilt challenge. For this show, the theme is "Pick A Letter, Any Letter."

The inspiration came from a quilt exhibit I had seen in Seattle in 2004 where quilters from the US, France, and Japan chose letters from the alphabet and creatively expressed those letters in quilts. I thought it was a wonderful challenge concept and was pleased that it was chosen for our 2012 show.

As a guild member, I'm also entering a regular quilt. Trying to fit quilting in with work and baking is a challenge in itself, and I managed to do just one. The fabrics have the feel of Provence. I quilted each little panel differently and embellished one section with gold beads. The tassels were added in honor of the recipient.

A recipient, I might add, who didn't want the quilt.


Guess that happens sometimes.

So, now it's mine to do with as I please.

Thanks to my dear neighbor (who receives many a baked goodie from me) for being my quilt holder.

Stay tuned. The next post will return to food, namely Italian Sage Bread.


MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Rejected ... strange person to reject such beauty. Somethings are just mysterious. I love quilts, my aunt made me several. I've never done one but I've tried a few squares. Quilts are works of art.

Baking Soda said...

What? Really? How rude! Or maybe mysterious is a better more positive word (thank you Tanna!)
I love the upper one in grey tones and orange; very sparkling. The quilting on the second one is so lovely, all different making one.