Tuesday, March 3, 2009

TWD: Sigh

Something is clearly amiss here.

First, let me say that I really do love prunes. Better than raisins.

Secondly, I never thought I would say this, but I am chocolated-out. I find it difficult to even look at photos of a chocolate cake. Talk about aversion therapy! Perhaps it has to do with all the pounds of chocolate that have been required for baking these last few months.

When my chocolate groove returns, I will plan on baking the Chocolate Armagnac Cake, for I can tell from everyone's comments that it must be delicious.

Also, it didn't help that my second job required me to work all day Saturday and Sunday, which is prime baking time. Next weekend will be even worse: Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Guess I will be baking like crazy on Friday.

I've missed very few TWD events, so I figure a day off now and then won't hurt too much. I hope.

Now, if I can figure out why Blogger is acting screwy, I'll be fine. (No fonts)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you on this one - I really wanted to make this cake...I just didn't think I could bring myself to eat it right now. And I also love prunes! Maybe in another week or two.

Megan said...

I've never had that "chocolated-out" problem - but I can assure you that this cake is worth waiting for. And I'm sure it's that much better if you make it with the prunes.

The Food Librarian said...

Is it that place with books that is keeping you from baking?!?! Oh, that's terrible!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

It really does happy even when we really love chocolate.

TeaLady said...

Agree, as much as I love chocolate, with just completing the DB challenge, and choco b'day cake this weekend. My heart wasn't in it. Ah, well!!!