Thursday, March 12, 2009

BB: Chicken Piccata


The first Barefoot Blogger recipe for March, Chicken Piccata, is courtesy of Lindsey of Noodle Nights and Muffin Mornings. This is a delicious and quick way to prepare chicken.

You can take out all of life's frustrations when you pound the chicken breasts to 1/4-inch thickness. Just don't overdo it! While your saute pan is heating, the flattened chicken breasts are dredged in flour, dipped in beaten egg, and dredged once again in seasoned bread crumbs before landing in the hot pan. It takes only minutes to saute them.

While the chicken is finishing in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes, you can make the quick, citrus sauce. Ina calls for lemons, but, since I was out of lemons and had an overabundance of limes, that's what I used. Well, talk about puckery! It takes a brave diner to eat reduced lime sauce. Next time, I'll be sure to have lemons on hand.

I served my piccata with sun-dried tomato mashed potatoes and a spinach salad with blood oranges and red onions. Definitely a tasty meal that I'll make again.


If you visit the BB blogroll, you're bound to see other delicious renditions of Chicken Piccata.


(And just because I have parsley doesn't mean I'll remember to use it. I just wanted to eat this right away.)

7 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

This has long been on my list of dishes to try! I see it is so doable and looks wonderful. I really like that last bit about the parsley.

Coco Bean said...

Hi fellow BB. I just noticed that your dog is named Coco, well same as my cat! Great minds think alike eh! By the way, love the idea of serving this with a blood orange salad.

Penny said...

Ha! Good save about the parsley. This was definitely a winner.

Anonymous said...

I liked this one a lot! I'm intrigued by the sun-dried tomato mashed potatoes.

Suzie said...

I can only imagine your lime sauce - I love limes but they are certainly full on. You will have to try it with lemons - a much milder version I'm sure.

Linds said...

Thanks for participating this week- your piccata looks great. We were dying to dig into this dish as well, I could barely take my photos before my husband was grabbing his chicken ;)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too had parsley and forgot to put it on. I think mine was just as puckery with the lemons!