Wednesday, September 13, 2023

TWD/BWD: Szarlotka

 

 


This is a szarlotka. It's a kind of Polish apple pie-cake.  I've had this recipe marked ever since I bought this cookbook -- Baking with Dorie. Since I've been planning on making this recipe, I've been collecting a variety of apples, so I was happy that this recipe was chosen for September.  I also included the golden raisins in the filling, but I think dried cranberries would also be a delicious addition.  I loved the grated topping.  Some of the pastry dough is set aside and frozen, then grated over the top before baking.  


 

This is definitely a winning recipe for fall and for apple lovers. 

Stop by the Tuesdays with Dorie website to see what the other bakers chose to make for September.

4 comments:

steph- whisk/spoon said...

what a beauty--looking forward to baking this one for next time.

Kayte said...

This looks so beautiful...and fun. I've never had anything like this so I did get all the ingredients to make it soon. Now I'm torn...while I do love raisins of any kind, your suggestion of dried cranberries sounds so good to me. Such a nice photo.

Diane Zwang said...

This is definitely for the apple lover. It looks like yours came out beautiful.

Cakelaw said...

It is quite a large cake but definitely delicious. Yours looks appetising.