Wednesday, August 1, 2012

BBD #52: French Bread

For Bread Baking Day #52, this month's hostess, Cinzia of Cindystar, chose French bread. 





With time in short supply this month, I chose to bake one of my favorite French breads from the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day cookbook.  It's quickly put together, has great oven spring, and crackles loudly while cooling -- my favorite sound!

There are no photos of slices because I gobbled it up that quickly.  But, not to worry, there is more dough in the fridge waiting to be baked.  I'll probably do a boule this time, then make more dough because this is that good!

Thanks to both Zorra and Cinzia for this month's challenge.  Now I have to send it off quickly, and hope I'm not too late.


If you want to try your hand at this delicious French bread, head over to this website for the Master recipe.

 

2 comments:

Cindystar said...

Thank you so much for this lovely bread, I read the originl recipe and got very useful tips :-)

Meryl said...

I love the crackling sound too, as well as the "thump" a properly baked loaf has when you knock on it. Looks delicious!