Saturday, July 21, 2012

BBB Buddy: Easy Little Bread

It appears that I have been remiss in updating my blog this month.    

My only excuse has been work, and, while I still have projects galore, I am reminded by recent events that work shouldn't be the only thing going on in my life.   I need to slow down and smell the roses, or, in this case, the bread.  

Sara, one of the Bread Baking Babes, chose a quick and easy yeast bread for July's adventure.




Truly, this bread was quick and easy.   

My bread rose in the pan, but did not have much, if any, oven spring.




It tasted fine, although I wasn't too keen on the texture.



That being said, it disappeared quickly, so it must not have been too bad.   I have to say that I did miss having a well-rounded loaf with a good texture, but, in a pinch, it's a good recipe to have around.



For the recipe and to see how the other Babes fared, head over to Sara's blog.


Now, I need to make some headway on two week's worth of fruits and vegetables before I pick up my next CSA box on Tuesday.  Maybe I'll throw some more bread making into the mix as well.



3 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Mine rose in the pan but had no oven spring. I'm ok with the texture and really am planning to use it for turkey stuffing.

Thanks for baking with us once again.

Elizabeth said...

Mine didn't really rise much at all and I found the texture to be a bit rubbery. But we ate it anyway and when it was reheated to dry it out a little, it wasn't too too bad.

Many thanks for baking with us.

Popsicle Recipes said...

Thannks for posting this