Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Tuesdays with Dorie/Baking with Dorie: Apple Pandowdy

 For the second November recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie, I chose to make the Apple Pandowdy from Dorie’s newest cookbook, Baking with Dorie (BWD).  


 

 

Oh my!  This was so scrumptious that it was difficult not to eat it all at once.  I used freshly picked lemons from my backyard tree, and they added so much flavor, that I never missed any typical spices.  (I’m tempted just to make a double batch of the filling and dig in.)  Playing around with different apple varieties for flavor and texture would also be The pie crust topping, of course, was delicious.  I decided to have some fun with the shape, using one of my round cookie cutters.

This is absolutely one of my favorite Dorie desserts, worthy of sharing with others.

 

1 comment:

Kayte said...

Oh this looks so delicious, you got such a nice color on yours. I'm so happy to be baking with you again.