Monday, February 5, 2018

Wayward Transparency Quilt Along: Ring of Fire

Warning:  this post is not about food.   For a change.


2017 was my year for online quilt alongs (QALs).  One was a mystery quilt, the others focused on design or specific skills.

This particular QAL was the brainchild of Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl.  The instructions were well-paced, and all the participants were able to choose their own color schemes as well as the final setting of the blocks.

Now, however, it's time to reveal the final quilt.  According the rules, it can be either the top or the completed quilt.  In my case, since I decided to hand quilt, it's sort of in-between.  The quilt itself will take a bit longer to finish, but it's a way to keep my hands busy and my mind balanced.

So, let me introduce Ring of Fire, a Wayward Transparency Quilt.




I've included several photos that show the progress during the last several months.








While I'm looking forward to seeing the finished quilt, at the moment, I'm enjoying the quilting process.

If you're interested in seeing what other quilters did, head over to Yvonne's website and click on the link for Wayward Transparency QAL.


1 comment:

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Thank you so much for taking part in the quilt along, and I'm glad to hear it was a good pace! I have been really enjoying seeing your progress on the quilt, and I hope you continue to enjoy the hand quilting process.