Tuesday, February 7, 2012

BwJ: White Loaves

We're back!

At first, I had Monday-night-posting-withdrawal. As January moved along, I got used to not posting. Now, I have to retrain my mind and fine-tune my schedule so I can get back into the swing of baking with Dorie.

I love the first choice -- white bread. Baking bread is one of my favorite things to do, and this recipe didn't disappoint.




No particular problems to report. As with all my breads, I used my Silver Sage KA machine for maximum efficiency.

I made one loaf plain,




and filled the other with a cinnamon filling.




As much as I love cinnamon, I actually preferred the plain loaf. The wonderful flavor came through beautifully and wasn't masked by the spicy-sweet cinnamon. I think cinnamon sugar might have been a better choice.

Well, since I made the bread in January, it is long gone, so, no more photos.


The hostesses for our first endeavor are Laurie and Jules. If you want to bake this great bread, you can find the recipe on either of their blogs.

Then stop by the TWD/Baking with Julia site to see who is participating in this new baking adventure.

.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I like plain white loaves better too but your cinnamon one looks great :)

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

yup, sometimes even cinnamon is too much. Lovely lovely loaves.

tierneymarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tierneymarie said...

I was surprised how much flavor the "plain" white bread had. It's been years since I've had white sandwich bread but I don't remember store-bought white bread tasting anything like this! Yours look like they came out wonderfully, a piece of cake for you I'm sure since it sounds like this isn't your first go-round with yeast bread. Well done!

Kayte said...

I know...without that commitment of TWD keeping me in line I was beginning to live a life of negligence and frivolity! lol Your bread looks wonderful and I love love love the cinnamon in there. Happy to be back, and most happy that you are as well.

Christy said...

Enjoyed reading your post, and looking forward to more of them with BWJ. The cinnamon swirl looks great. Nothing quite beats the simplicity of white bread - great canvas!

Cher Rockwell said...

White bread, cinnamon bread - it's all good :-)
Looking forward to this go 'round. Finally, something to look foward to on Tuesdays!

Jules Someone said...

Gorgeous! Loved my cinnamon and plain versions as well.

Leslie said...

Beautiful loaves! I totally agree with you on the rush for posting on time...that was something I didn't miss even though I missed all of the TWD bakers.

pinkstripes said...

Your loaves look great. I'm glad to be baking with the group again.

Jessica Guy said...

Great job making your bread! I am looking forward to our future projects, 'together'!

Pamela said...

It's nice to be back baking with everyone one, isn't it? I do agree that it is very easy to get out of the groove. Bread looks lovely. :)

Teresa said...

I'm going to have to try a cinnamon version some time - I've loved looking at the ones I've seen. Yours looks delicious.