Tuesday, September 13, 2011

TWD: Classic Brownies


This week's Tuesdays with Dorie offering is a classic chocolate brownie, chock full of walnuts, moist and chewy. This baking group has tried more varieties of brownies than I can count, each one delicious and each one suiting different types of brownie eaters.



This particular recipe comes close to my normal brownie recipe. Usually, I omit the nuts and substitute chocolate chips or mint chocolate chips. I could have done that this time, but wanted the full experience of the original recipe. It was a nice, substantial, delicious brownie.





In the future, either recipe will do.


Our hostess this week was Anne of Anne Strawberry. Check out her blog for the recipe. It's also a really cute and informative blog.

More brownie renditions will be found on the TWD website, so head on over there after you've baked your brownies.

11 comments:

Hindy said...

We loved these too!

Cindy said...

I'm always amazed that I can make so many different brownie recipes and like ALL of them!!
But I do have a sweet tooth and very little self-control!
These were perfect.

Flourchild said...

So many brownies so little time! They look great!

Pamela said...

Looks yummy. I loved the chunky bits of nuts in these brownies. So good!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Great photos! I'm always game for a brownie! :)

Anne said...

Your brownies look perfect and the pictures are making me want another bite! I'd love to try these with mint chocolate chips, too!

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

I'm with you...I would have loved to add chocolate chunks instead of nuts. But I always try to bake the recipe exactly as written my first time.

Yum yum!

Unknown said...

These would be perfect with just about any add-in. They look great.

Cakelaw said...

I so agree - this was a good brownie recipe, and yours turned out great.

Kayte said...

Your lighting makes them look like art work! Love how you got the top to look all swirly and fun on that top photo with the lighting playing on the lights and darks of the brownie.

TeaLady said...

Beautiful Brownie!! These were good, weren't they. BROWNIES!!