Tuesday, February 8, 2011

TWD: Bourbon Bread Pudding

We are big bread pudding fans.


We are also bourbon fans, although sometimes we substitute other alcoholic flavors, such as amaretto or kahlua. This time I debated between bourbon and amaretto.



Bourbon won.


Because there are only two of us, I halved the pudding recipe, but doubled the bourbon. (Still couldn't taste it!!!)


Puffy puddings, straight from the oven.


I'll definitely make this one again, giving amaretto a try. I'll also make some creme anglaise or a hard sauce to give the pudding a big flavor boost, although the puddings disappeared in a flash, so there may not be enough time. ;)




Hostess: Sharon from
Simply Southern

Opinions and stories: Tuesdays with Dorie

5 comments:

Cakelaw said...

Love the individual puds - amaretto sounds like a good idea.

Kayte said...

Those are so cute in their little dishes and they sound good. We aren't really bread pudding lovers here, sorry to say, so I made a pie that I had skipped for one lame reason or another in 2009. I figured it was National Pie Month and all...okay, lame excuse, I know, but best I could do.

Sharon said...

Glad you like the pudding. Thanks for baking along with me this week.

Cindy said...

I need to make smaller batches. Love your cute individual servings.

Mary said...

Amaretto would be great here--I use it in almost everything! I like the idea of a sauce and think I'll do that next time.