Friday, February 1, 2008

Ripe Bananas

Thanks to Peabody (Culinary Concoctions by Peabody), I had dessert last night.

Bananas don't get eaten very quickly around here, so they turn into mummy-like creatures and have to be tossed. I wonder sometimes why I even buy them. When Peabody posted her delicious Banana Poundcake recipe awhile back, I figured it was worth a try and least give the very ripe bananas a chance. It took two cycles of bananas before I could get around to it, but yesterday I managed to squeeze the baking in.




The cake is tender and moist and delicious. I had a slice with my morning tea (after walking the dog, of course), and put half the cake in the freezer so 1. I wouldn't be forced to eat it all, and 2. I could surprise myself in several weeks by discovering a dessert that was already made. Sometimes, it's the simple things in life. . .

5 comments:

Brilynn said...

I always want to eat banana desserts but I eat the bananas before they get brown enough to do so! Send your overripe ones this way!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I just posted on banana bread too. I didn't think to freeze half though. We just ate it all!

Peabody said...

So glad you liked the cake...it is a keeper.

Anonymous said...

Can you give us the recipe??? Puh-leeeeeze? Allison

Shaheen said...

I was looking for a banana cake recipe myself, but needed one that was tried and tested. Looks like I found it. :)